For some odd reason I picked up the library journal today, I sometimes find it wonderfully relaxing to pretend that I have some profession or another. I'd probably be very much content with being a librarian. I love the smell of books, the feel of a brand new book and how it tries to hold on to it's secrets and resists you the first time you open it. Even more I love to hunt down those really old peculiar books, like old textbooks, outdated geography or even chemistry books with incomplete periodic tables. Trying to hunt them down in the system and find out if you've got a rare copy on your hands or maybe there was one in every household.
It's wonderfully serendipitous how most of the fictional books I open these days have librarians in them. Aurora Teagarden and Lirael. I was delighted to find out that Garth Nix will be publishing a forth book in the Abhorsen trilogy this year, Clariel: The Lost Abhorsen. That one will definitely go on the guilty indulgence list on my amazon account.
That list holds mainly stationary these days, since I'm a big fan of moleskin products, and beautiful stationary seems to make studying law a little more bearable.
Another thing that has made my day bearable is the beautiful flickr photostream of Parker Fitzgerald,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home